Skip to main content

Basket

  • Basket is empty
Go to Basket

German Design Award 2019 for Nu Spin armchair

28/11/2018
German Design Award 2019 for Nu Spin armchair

We are very pleased to announce that the Nu Spin armchair, designed by Paul Brooks, received a special distinction from the German Design Award 2019 jury. Nu Spin constitutes a great solution for office spaces and hotel foyers requiring compact and extraordinary solutions. It is sure to satisfy those seeking ways to furnish elegant rooms or relaxation areas.

The prizes are awarded by the German Design Council, a foundation created in 1953 on the initiative of the German Bundestag. Its purpose is to discover and present unique design trends, and every year to award those products and designs that create international design trends.

Since 2012 the German Design Award has been one of the most prestigious design competitions in the world, enjoying an excellent reputation even beyond the design trade.

The competition sets the highest standards, with only those designs of exceptional quality qualifying for participation. In order to reflect the diversity of the work acceptable for the award, the German Design Award is divided into two categories: “Perfectly designed product” and “Perfectly designed communication”, which cover all areas of everyday life.

This year, 5,400 companies applied to participate in the competition. Of these 44% chose the product section while the remaining 56% chose the communication section, with 2,925 of the applications being submitted by foreign companies. The competition jury consists of recognised experts in the fields of industry, academia, science, and design. The award ceremony takes place early next year.

THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES, By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of these cookies in accordance with the browser settings. Using our website without changing cookies settings shall mean that they will be stored in the memory of the device.
Close